Wednesday, January 2

Reading challenges this year

This is the first time I am taking on something like this, and I am super excited about it. I am doing two reading challenges this year- quite scary especially me and commitments do not go hand in hand you see. 

These challenges are hosted by Bev of My Reader's Block- she really does put me to shame!

A vintage mystery mini-challenge: must read 4 vintage books in one of the categories mentioned by Dec 31st (doable you think, I say you think?!!)

Below is my plan for the mystery mini challenge

Woman in White (Category: Wicked women or Color in title)
Mystery of 31 New Inn (Category: Murder by the Numbers)
Green mantle (Color in the title)



And the other more daunting one hosted by Bev again- Color coded challenge and here is my plan for that

1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title- Black and Blue by
2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title-  
Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.) in the title-  
The Golden Notebook by Dorris Lessing

4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title.
5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title- 
The Poisoned Chocolates Case By Anthony Berkeley

6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title- The black cat by Martha Grimes
7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title.

8. A book with any other color in the title (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.)-Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson
9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.)

I will update this post as I finish reading and come up with titles in the other categories! If you have suggestions for me- please do let me know. 

And in case you are interested, hop on over to Bev's to sign up for the challenge.

2 comments:

Id it is said...

Red badge of Courage is definitely a great read. It's a prescribed supplemental read in US High Schools. It's a short read though makes for some dense reading in parts.

Abi said...

Yes, it sure was a great read!