Wednesday, April 3

Few more books


For the color coded challenge- finished Mundy's Ivory trail


My impressions: For about 50-75 pages into the book, I was unsure as to
whether I would ever finish this book "white" ivory hunters. With such flowery words and description of the wide variety of geographical locations (mostly deep into the African continent) and the people of different lands, it was really hard to follow. And then, it happened, I could not put the book down- it had a certain pace to it and reminded me of Pirates of the Caribbean. Mundy takes us on this adventure and does it so eloquently. I was thoroughly impressed.
Do keep in mind that this book was published in 1919.


I also read- Immortals of Meluha (the first book of the Shiva trilogy)
It is a fast paced book and I did finish it but seemed to lack originality and I did not like it that much. There were hints of few other books I have read, some Bollywood movies I have seen. The book is about the ascent of Shiva from being a simple Tibetan tribal chief to Neelkanth (the one with blue throat), saviour of Meluha.
It is one of those books that is just alright.




No comments: