Thursday, November 12

Chennai mazhai


My mom has been growing her own betel leaves (she loves them like they are her own).


Rain beautiful rain in Chennai- you know what I love about it most and what I wish I could photograph- மண் வாசனை, I remember when I was a little girl (actually even now..) I constantly pester my mom to make me something that smelled like the earth just before it rains!


Criminal wastage of precious rain water in Chennai- people are not concerned about it nor do they care (well neither does the Govt., useless TN government).


These are my grandma's favorite flowers (it has been her favorite for the longest time now), I forget what they are called (she has a name for it). Since they are patti's favorite they are my favorite too! Look at how luscious it is, oh the bright green and the pink flowers...
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kavitha said...

oh i LOVE those flowers!! They bring back such beautiful memories from so long ago... Darn, what's their name!??!

Anu Jayanth said...

Hey, nice pictures. I showed my husband the flowers to see if he knew what they're called, but he couldn't remember either....sorry.

Abi said...

@ Kavitha- I agree somehow rain in Madras is brings back lot of memories
@ Anu- Thanks Anu, do let me know when the name comes to his mind...

Id it is said...

The smell of rain on a parched earth is one of the most seductive experiences...
There was an IFC movie I watched that was titled " Before the Monsoons... " your write up brought that movie to mind.
Madras seems captivating and luscious in those pictures

Abi said...

@Id it is: I will watch the movie sometime! Thanks

? said...

Loved the pictures...especially the Burmese Jasmine one...miss the monsoon!