Tuesday, November 4

What should I be doing

This question has been creeping for a while now- should I stay put in Science? I don't think I am capable of staying put for a simple reason that I am very absent-minded. Though not always, but the times that I am not myself, I make mistakes in my experiments. It might be normal, no one is perfect but in Science the feeling I get it you have no room for that. Being yourself, the worst self is just not an option. The other thing is, for a person like me who takes experimental failures as personal ones (oh trust me nothing can be more stressful than using your work to gauge you as a person- it almost always becomes existential!) , science may not be the best option.
Since this is one of those "why-am-I-doing-what-I-am-doing" moments, I took this test that tells what careers suit one's personality- and the things it came up with are pretty much what I would love to be
  • Artist- YES
  • Historian- who does not love history
  • Banker- yeah right!
  • Novelist- have been thinking about it for a while now
  • University Professor- I don't think students will like me
  • Photographer- can call myself an amateur
  • Vet- thanks, but no thanks
  • Paralegal
  • Graphic Designer
  • Online Content Developer
  • Webmaster
  • Producer
  • Managing Director- hmm, this might just be perfect
  • Nutritionist- I need to use it on myself
  • Advertising
  • Nursing
This test did not get me out of my bad mood completely but it sure did boost my morale, after all I have a shot at being a novelist!!


PS: OK back to preparing for defense, hope it goes alright!

5 comments:

Kavitha said...

You know _I will_ buy (and yes, read) your book, if you ever decided to go the novelist way. :-)

Kavitha said...

Oh...and here were some of my options (today): Teacher, Restauranteur, Religious Minister (???!!!!!!), Lawyer, Events organiser, Public Relations (must tell my parents - they always thought so..)

Kavitha said...

One important option I left out - Politician. :-|

Kavitha said...

Oh and that test is so bogus :-) which am sure you know. Aren't they all, though??

Kavitha said...

On a more serious note, I've been asking myself the title of this post for a LONG time now.